Friday, January 29, 2010

A Progressive Mind

Following yesterday's post...I would like to present a very appropriate Albert Einstein quoted, "Intellectual Growth should commence at birth and cease only at death".

It also send out the message where "One is never too old to learn...to gain more knowledge".

Although a lot of effort is required to THINK. In order for "It" to go anywhere, experience tells me that an equal amount of effort and energy is required to "Take Action" after the "Thinking Process" is completed.

Albert Einstein also quoted, "The significant problems we have, cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them".

Therefore, a progressive mind is required, a mind that is at a higher level than the one before.

Here's a another side of the story from my past...my 19+years career looks like this... Tape Operator in APV > Junior AV Producer in PB&F > AV Producer-Offline Editor-Art Director in PB&F > AV Producer in Grey Worldwide > Account Management in G2.

From taking a work order through a work sheet > getting Job Requisition from AEs and AMs > writting Job Requisition (As an AE) for others > writting Creative Briefs with Strategic Insights.

Finishing TV Commercials > Producing TV Commercials > Executing Campaigns > Strategising & Driving Campaigns.

Some of the steps along the way are forced...(like the signal my body gave me back in 2002 where I finished the last set of Dunhill World Cup sponsorship TV Promos which I worked non-stop for 36hours...I slept the following 36hours to recuperate from the lost of sleep...my body told me that I cannot hack it anymore...the Cigarette ATL ban also plays a role in my move to Acc Mgmt.) But, most importantly, the progressive mindset must be the mastermind behind every change...moving along with Time and Tide...some time to catch up...some time to move faster.

Although my subconcious mind plays a very important role in my career progress...but the concious part are also very apparent...Take the year 2000 for instance (Here's the funny part...hehehe)...I need to send an email for the first time iIn my entire life, I was so embarrassed then as I need to asked a Department Coordinator to guide me...I still remember one of the question...What Do I Need To Do If I Need To Send This Same Email To More Than One Recipient?...

Internet and Facebook were aliens to me...(Again, thanks to Edmund Wong)...I am now, a blogger...

This blog as some of you know it...is actually a progress from how it all started into its' 7th generation...where the initial intention was to share knowledge and experience.

I've been giving training to my subordinates in workshops using keywords like teamwork, motivation, progressive mindset, positive mindset... For some strange reasons, it doesn't seem to punch through at all.

When I found some very useful newspaper articles that preaches the same things, I started collecting them so that "Those In My Team" can benefit from the articles by reading them, out of the folder where I kept the newspaper cut-outs.

However, nobody seems to "Have The Time" to pick it up, from there, I started scanning them (One-By-One) and sharing the articles in softcopies (Sending out to everyone in G2 + other non-G2 personnel), I added my own Point Of Views and Key Message Take Out from those articles...I also added a Famous Quotes to strengthen the points...

Honestly, out of more than 60 recipients every day, less than 20 really reads them...the number that reads and comprehends the enssence of the articles are half of that while the number that actually "Do Something About It" after reading them are really not more than 5...

The numbers are not important at all as the intention is to share the knowledge (Not Forcing The Issue). I've vowed to continue sharing even if there is only one person reading the articles. Hoping that it will help that one person to "Wake Up"...earlier and faster. Hoping that others will follow and discuss about the contents...one day... Just take the 52 Dunhill Double TV Promo in a year for 7 years as an example...That is why self motivation is very important...where you can draw the positive energy to continue towards meeting your own goals.

There will be stumbling blocks in every path as "Shit" happens every day. With a Positively Motivated Mindset, a Progressive Mind will only help you move in the right direction, Forward.

After all that...I'm still me...a Chun Toi with Cracks...going to Define tomorrow night to meet other Chun Toi.

P/S: Do continue to drop me a line for my improvements...also, if there are any subject matter that you'd like to read about...Do let me know as I might just have a point of view...hehehe...

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I was trying to figure that out... "Chun Heng" back in VHQ times..

    also your mum's ex-neighbour
    Lilian

    gonna add you on fb now..

    p/s nice craps btw... lol

    ReplyDelete