Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Principles...Part 3

Just presented only my third pitch of be-actu8...we were the 1st to present...others are presenting next week. Will it be a long and agonising wait? Will we get the job? Hmmm...we'll see...
Anyway, finishing up this post so that I can go for a 5days-4nights, long holiday in Vietnam with the wifey...plus meeting up with some "Old Friends" and possibly even potential business contacts.
'
Maybe it's my normally already high, expectations...maybe it's for my own satisfaction...or be it my own principles in approaching the pitch...I believe I blew them away with the comprehensiveness of our ideas, solutions and forward thinking...but I definitely...really...literally...blew them away with the Costing slide at the end...hahaha...
Jokes aside, in that case, I believe I utilised the 3rd Principle to perfection where I've covered every possible angle in managing The Internal work related matters, addressing The Brief's objectives, meeting The Agency's standards, covering and possibly even over achieving The client's expectation (From proposal to costing...hahaha...).
'
I believe I have "Covered All Angles".
Together with the fourth principle (Which will be posted later...when I return from Vietnam...kekeke...), I managed to apply the 1st two principles of "Managing Expectations" and "Attention To Details" while "Covering All Angles" to make the presentation, complete.
'
Although, there's still a lot of "Uncertain Gaps" to be filled later, upon confirmation of the project and work-in-progress, the presentation went smoothly as I also managed to engage in a very fruitful two way communication with the clients....answering every question the best that I can possibly give.
'
Covering All Angles is about thinking further and looking at an issue or a brief from all possible angle and through the perspectives of all stakeholders...it's definitely not easy...but if you can isolate and address it one by one, along with the other principles...and the Thinking Process...it is not that difficult after all...
'
To those that is aware of the principles, I've always talk about this very much in a one dimensional 360degree where the angles are already "Infinity"...no matter how you look at it...it's still one dimensional...
Here, let me introduce a the totally fresh new perspective to this 3rd Principle...Imagine yourself in the center of a sphere looking outwards in a 3D environment...it has so much more "space" and depending on the size of the sphere you are in...it also carry that much more depth.
Another general rule...common sense even...Every Action has a Reaction...therefore, if you look outwards from the center, upon completion, you should bring yourself outside and look back into the sphere.
'
For some strange reason, after some emotional roller-coaster past few days, I am in a very playful mood today...completing this post in an hour as the words just flow and starts to spin its story.
'
Although I'm playful, a playful Chun Toi for that matter, I'm still me...a Chun Toi with Cracks that always Cover All Angles.
'
P/S: Maybe the Vietnam trip will give me some new inspirations and perspectives looking at the fourth principle...till next time children...
*And now it's back to enlightening my little confused 'in a dilemma' Toh Dai....sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment